Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Rainbow...

Hey everyone!  Hope your doing well!  Today's prompt is rainbow.  I did not feel like painting my nails all different colors and I was too lazy to do a gradient so I thought outside of the box.  I chose to do a holographic nail polish!  Hear me out first...I chose a silver polish to fully show all the holographic goodness, I got all the colors of the rainbow in one polish!!  I may have over thought it a bit right??  Oh well I am sticking with it.  LOL!


Mani Ingredients
Base color-Nfu-Oh 61
Stamping polish-Kleancolor Black
Image plate-Pueen 46
Top coat-Seche Vite


I love this!  Honestly I was only going to paint one hand and move on but loved it so much I went ahead and did a full mani!  So let's talk about this Nfu-Oh polish.  I was so happy when I found it for $8 on a nail blog sale but I have been ultimately slightly disappointed.  The consistency of the this polish is horrible.  It has clumps and it drags as you polish your nails.  It took 4 coats to look decent.  I know right?!?!  What in the world??  Then as you can see the sun was beaming bright and I only got a few spots of the rainbows.  I know its a picture but even in real life there was hardly any rainbows.  I should have used my Color Club silver holographic nail polish.  Those Color Club holo's are the best!!  I am sad that my dreams of how beautiful this polish is was shattered.  From what I have researched on the net there are four versions of this Nfu-Oh and every version after the first one went less and less holographic.  Unfortunately for me I have the third version.  Uggg...Well I had no idea about this before I purchased this polish.

What is your favorite holographic polish??  Do you have any of the versions of Nfu-Oh 61??  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Rockin mani!

    I have the older version of 61, and I still thank my lucky stars I have it! I asked FS to e-mail me when it was back in stock, and they totally did, but I had to wait for my break at work to order. At that point it was LONG gone. So I just ordered all the holos left in stock & one flakie... Well they e-mailed me back saying they had one left in stock that was un-listed, would I like it!? Obs I basically shouted YES at my screen! lol. Then a few months later the next thing we all know all the NFU Ohs 61 start sucking. So If it wasn't for that one e-mail I wouldn't have it.
    I saw it's bottle compared to my friends newer 61 and they look totally different! But still its not a bad looking polish, and for $8 you can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should thank your lucky stars!! The original version is what made me love this polish!! I like the one I have okay but it looks like a plai silver polish. Does your version have clumps?? Thanks so much for the compliment!!!

      Delete

I love feedback, requests and comments. Please take the time to let me know your thoughts!