Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Favorite Polish...

Hey everyone!  Today is my favorite polish prompt.  As I stated before my favorite colors are pink and black.  However when it comes to nail polish for some reason my favorite color is teal/turquoise/blue green.  Not sure why.  I would much rather wear one of those colors than pink on my nails.  I still like my pink but my teal/turquoise/blue green polish collection is much more full!  Is that not the craziest thing??  Right now... yeah it could change if I get a new one or try one of my many untried nail polishes...my favorite color is Fly by OPI.  This color is so beautiful!!  When I saw a swatch of this I had to have it!  It is so perfectly creamy and the color is wonderful!  The Milani textured polish went great with Fly.  I do know it is borderline matchy matchy.  I am okay with that.  So let's see what I came up with...


Mani Ingredients
Base colors-  OPI Fly and Milani Texture Aqua Splash
Stamping color-Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Presto Pewter
Image plate-Bundle Monster BM12
Silver studs- bornprettystore.com
Top coat-Seche Vite


So let me apologize for the tip wear on the design.  I took these pictures after a full day of hard work.  I am just glad they held up as good as they did.  Let me also say... I. Love. Textured. Polish.  I am so shocked at how much I love this polish!  I am the type that doesn't even like to feel the grittiness of glitter.  I have no problem putting three coats of top coat over my glitter!  I am going to purchase two more of these textured polishes because I am in love!  I have one of the new Liquid Sand polishes I plan to use for my textured day but have never tried it yet.  I hope it makes me as happy as this did!

Have you tried any textured polishes??  What do you think of this trend??  Thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. I also happen to love fly, and after seeing it with the Milani polish I might have to get it too. How well does the textured polish hold up? I'm guessing it's more like a matte, but it's one of the trends I want to try but haven't had the chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a slight shine to me. It hold us so good. I did this about 3 weeks ago and have since went and got 4 more. This day I toom the pictures was after working at an elementary school all day lugging boxes, washing my hands, soccer practice and cooking dinner. It did not chip at all. I wore the gray on all fingers for a full 7 days with no chipping. You will not regret this purchase! I love it!!

      Delete
  2. Love this colour! So bold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. If you are interested you can check the rules here http://lovefornailart.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-versatile-blogger-award.html - Lovefornailart (Shilpa)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, requests and comments. Please take the time to let me know your thoughts!